29 Jun Signs a Career as a Customer Service Manager is for You
A Customer Service Manager is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction with an organisation. You will manage teams to meet targets. Here are the signs you’d make a good customer service manager:
- excellent communication skills that allow you to inform customers and work with other professionals
- listening skills, to understand exactly what customers require
- problem-solving skills
- the confidence and diplomacy to remain calm when dealing with difficult situations
- teamwork and leadership skills
- the drive and creative thinking, to constantly produce new ideas to improve customer service
- time management skills and an ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
You want to…
- aid customers
- communicate with customers by telephone, email, letter and face-to-face
- investigate and solve customers’ problems, which may be complex or long-standing, that have been passed on by customer service assistants
- handle customer complaints or any major incidents, such as a security issue or a customer being taken ill
- issue refunds or compensation to customers
- keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers
- analyse data to determine the level of customer service your organisation is providing
- develop feedback or complaints procedures for customers to use
- manage staff recruitment and appraisals
- train staff to deliver a high standard of customer service
- lead or supervise a team of customer service staff
- learn about your organisation’s products or services and keep up to date with changes.
You don’t mind…
- mostly office-based work
- living near or commuting to a town/city
- Potentially dealing with angry customers
- a pressured environment with a need to meet targets on time
This career is open to all graduates but a degree or Higher National Qualification in the following subjects may be advantageous:
- Business Studies
- Consumer Studies
- Management Studies
Experience in customer service is obviously valuable. This can be gained through entry positions such as a customer service assistant or extracurricular activities.
Search all customer service manager jobs on our vacancies page.